You are here
Deputy Regional Valuer of the First-tier Tribunal, Residential Property, Property Chamber
An exercise is expected to launch summer/autumn 2017 to recommend 3 candidates for the post of Deputy Regional Valuer of the First-tier Tribunal, Residential Property, Property Chamber.
To apply you must be a Member or Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
The Property Chamber handles applications, appeals and references relating to disputes over property and land. Residential property disputes handled by the chamber include:
- rent increases for ‘fair’ or ‘market’ rates
- leasehold disputes
- leasehold enfranchisement
- appeals against local authority notices about the condition of a property
- appeals against houses in multiple occupation
- disputes about the right to buy where a property is considered to be particularly suitable for the elderly
Further information will be available soon. Check the JAC website regularly for updates and sign up for alerts to receive email notifications concerning the progress of this exercise up to launch.